DAFT – (Dutch American Friendship Treaty) businesses, freelance
The Dutch American Friendship Treaty (DAFT) allows US nationals to set up their own business, making use of favorable regulations to work and reside in the Netherlands. While for non-EU entrepreneurs it can be a time consuming process to set up a business in the Netherlands, due to favorable DAFT treatment, setting up a business in the Netherlands is easy for US nationals and can be from a fiscal point of view very attractive for expats wishing to come to Holland.
US entrepreneurs who are intended to set up a Dutch business with DAFT preferential treatment need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Company registration with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce
- Minimal deposit of €4.500 (approximately $4.750) on a Dutch bank account
- For a private limited liability company (Besloten Vennootschap, BV) you need at least an interest of 25% with a minimum of €4.500.
- For a public limited liability company you need at least an interest of €11.250.
- This capital investment must come from own funds and cannot be borrowed.
DAFT provides you with a Dutch residence / working permit:
- Valid for up to 7 years
- Permits to work and live in the Netherlands
- Your spouse and children will also be able to reside in the Netherlands
- No need to pass the integration exam
More info about our services?
If you want to do business in the Netherlands as a US national the DAFT can save you and your family a lot of time and effort. We will guide the whole process from start until beginning supporting and assisting in the following:
- liaison with the immigration lawyer (legal and tax perspective) to arrange a residence/work permit
- Set up the company in the Netherlands by registering at the official institutions (for Dutch BV and freelance)
- Tax and accounting compliance obligations (corporate / individual)
- Dutch Tax Advice (i.e. application 30% ruling, advice 401k, IRA, avoidance double taxation)
- File and submit the US tax returns (all forms federal and state)
You can contact us through our contact form or call +31 (0)85 00 30140.